Training Officer – Qatar Job Vacancy
QR23131 – Training Officer | Qatar Aviation Services | Doha
Organisation: Qatar Aviation ServicesJob Function: Human ResourcesDivision: Engineering Services – QAS (Division)Employment Type: Full Time – PermanentCity: Middle East | Qatar | DohaLast date of application: 31-Jan-2020
Qatar Aviation Services
Qatar Aviation Services (QAS) is an award winning, premier ground handling organisation whose global headquarter is at Hamad International Airport (HIA), the hub airport of Qatar Airways. Since its establishment in 2000, QAS has developed a reputation as a premium provider of world-class ground services to: international airlines; Heads of State and VVIPs; private fleets and customers; executive charter flights and cargo operators.
The QAS team comprising of over 8,000 strong multicultural employees, is dedicated to fulfilling the total passenger and cargo requirements of the airport, the airlines and customers it serves. This team of highly trained and diversely skilled staff is the reason for QAS outstanding success and their Customer’s satisfaction.About You:
As a Training officer, you will be responsible to provide Safety and Technical Training to QAS Engineering staff along with on the job training (OJT) wherever necessary to carry out work related tasks confidently and effectively. Make adequate preparation and/or arrange Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) equipment training to help develop competencies and promote long-term improvement of employees’ technical skills, thereby maximising their employment utility across the QAS equipment range. Further, develop and maintain strong working relationships with all sections of QAS Engineering and QAS Training.
You main focus as a Training officer is provide and Identify training and development needs within QAS Engineering Services through training needs analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with Line Managers. Design, develop and deliver training and development programmes based on both the department and individual needs.
Key accountabilities for the job are:
- Develop effective induction programmes and ensure that the participants meet the prerequisites for the training including the provisions for attending courses.
- Produce training materials for in-house courses as and when required.
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with Line Managers.
- Amend, revise and update training document as necessary, in order to meet the current scenarios and maintain relevance.
- Shall attend in meetings as and when invited to discuss the milestones and results on QAS Engineering training
- Maintain and update training records and send weekly reports highlighting key issues (if any) with regard to training and keep the line adequately informed on the day-to-day proceedings with regard to training.
- Responsible to be aware of up to date e-learning techniques and where required, getting involved in the creation and/ or delivery of e-learning packages.
- Liaise with QAS Training and act as single point of contact on vehicle and equipment operating permit training and also coordinate and liaise with OEM for specialised training on equipment for QAS Engineering staff.
- Maintain high standards of QAS Engineering training by creating an eco-system of continuous learning and development for the staff within the department.
About Your Job:
To be successful as Training Officer – you must have relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level with minimum 4 years job related experience and Good Knowledge of GSE Maintenance and Workshop Operation along with Workshop Safety Practices.
Preferably, a tertiary accreditation in training equivalent to Train the Trainer and certificate in Safety will be an added advantage.
The core skills for this role is the ability to train and develop technical skills along with a clear understanding of safety and e-learning techniques. A thorough familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Publisher etc.) and an experience in teaching as well as training in a multi-cultural environment are essential.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)