Technical Officer – Mechanical – Qatar Job Vacancy
Qatar Job Vacancy
Technical Officer – Mechanical
About Your Job
You will be leading a team of supervisors, technicians and outsourced vendors to undertake all preventive/corrective maintenance and improvement works to ensure that the facilities and mechanical asset such as pumps, fire pumps, baggage handling system, passenger loading bridges, waste water systems, gate barriers, motorized doors, water features, treated sewage, effluent, irrigation system, district cooling, fire suppression systems etc. are in good working conditions with minimum disruption to airport operations. You will assist in preparing project scope of works for improvement works and new project which includes input on design, site supervision, project management and review of drawings, proposals, method statements, risk assessment and material submittals to ensure design works and constriction are in according to design standards and constriction specification.
- Plan schedules, monitor and review and supervise for all preventive/corrective works for mechanical, fire life and safety and people moving equipment asset to ensure all assets remain in excellent working condition.
- To plan, supervise and delegate of all preventive/corrective maintenance works in accordance to manufacturer, international and local code of practices so as to ensure minimal wastage of manpower and resources by appropriate planning, coordination and works supervision.
- Conduct regular inspection of tools and equipment to ensure is in proper operational order and to make sure maximum availability to meet operational needs of HIA.
- Identifying and procurement of spare parts for maintenance works by review the stock and following usage trend to predict and plan spear part plan.
- Review/approve contractor proposals, method statements, material submittals, as-built drawings and operation and maintenance manuals; review of new project impact on the facilities, investigating of equipment deficiency, review of the proposed changes to the facility to deliver assets in accordance with standards, regulations, HIA specifications assets systems.
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Relevant College or University qualifications to minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent
- Mechanical, MEP or Building services Engineering from an international recognized institution
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience as Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Site engineer, Mechanical maintenance supervisor, Mechanical systems designer
- Work in diversified team, stress, be responsible for maintenance activities, work execution and project coordination and development in terms of design.
- Command good English language
- Ability to plan and execute complex repair and maintenance tasks;
- Ability to prepare reports of all nature;
- Well verse with methodologies of complex repairs.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Well verse with the use of Microsoft Office(Words/Excel/Power Point) and Auto-cad software