Who we are:
HealthCare NZ Rehabilitation specialises in providing injury related support, nursing and rehabilitation services throughout New Zealand. We are New Zealand’s largest ACC contracted supplier of home and community support services and a provider of ACC nursing services.
What is the role about?
As a Support Worker you will be supporting a person with a spinal cord injury to participate in meaningful activities in the community, support with daily personal cares and household tasks to enable to achieve maximum independence in the home and community.
Some of the tasks may include:
- Implementing the support plan
- Manage challenging behaviours
- Provide information to health care professionals as needed
- High level of complex cares – hoist transfers, continence management
- Medication administration/ prompting
- Home support and personal care tasks
- Undertake delegated nursing tasks
- Coaching and mentoring new staff as needed
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Must be able to work rostered shifts: Mornings, afternoons and evenings including weekends
- Has completed NZQA Level 3 or above Health & Wellbeing or equivalent
- Empathy for others, and the genuine desire to help people
- Reliable, professional and trustworthy with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills and English speaking
- Ability to adapt to various situations while still providing excellent support
- Previous experience in supporting people with spinal cord / traumatic brain injury (strongly preferred)
- Full drivers licence and reliable transport
Working for us:
As a company we are committed to our employees. We provide ongoing training and support with the opportunity to complete recognised NZQA qualifications.
We will offer you:
- Competitive pay based on qualifications
- Mentoring and supportive team environment
- On-going training in rehabilitation services and specific training for people we support
All applicants are required to be a NZ Resident/Citizen or have a valid NZ work permit.
So, if you are passionate about providing support to a wide range of people and think you would like a career with Healthcare NZ, then we would like to hear from you!
Mēnā he tangata ngākaunui ana koe ki te tautoko i ngā momo tāngata, tēnā pea, kei konei he tūranga mōu. Tukua mai tō tono ki Healthcare NZ.
Please apply online and include a CV and covering letter