Records Clerk – USA Job Vacancy
To assist the assigned department in maintaining a reliable records management program; to ensure operational efficiency and smooth workflow; and to provide clerical support. This position is temporary, part-time and is not overtime exempt.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the assigned supervisor.
Work hours per week: 28 hours
Work Schedule: Flexible
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS:
All applications will be reviewed to determine whether or not job requirements are met. Those individuals meeting the job requirements will be invited to continue to the next step in the recruitment process.
This is recruitment is open until filled. It may close at any time, and prompt application submission is encourage.
FIRST REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS: SundayFebruary 16, 2020.
Subsequent reviews may be conducted to establish a viable pool of candidates. Reviews will be on a weekly basis thereafter.
Essential Functions: Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Perform data entry for City records; assist in the maintenance of filing and indexing systems.
2. Provide responsible clerical assistance and support to the assigned department.
3. File and retrieve documents; determine placement or establish new placement in accordance with established procedures; maintain and update file guide; maintain paper records and electronic files and databases in an orderly manner as directed.
4. Assist with preparation of departmental reports produced from databases.
5. Assist with scanning of documents along with key word indexing.
6. Assist with agenda packet preparation, scanning and distribution.
7. Assign file numbers.
8. Answer phones when necessary; take messages and answer inquiries.
9. May serve as a backup receptionist; operate a switchboard; transfer and direct calls and customers to appropriate staff.
10. Copy and print paper documents and assemble records as directed; copy and assemble electronic records as directed.
1. Serve as emergency response worker as necessary.
2. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications: Knowledge of:
Principles and procedures of record keeping.
Principles and procedures of filing.
Methods and procedures of data entry.
Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation.
Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment.
English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Computer functions and related software.
Principles and practices of customer service.
Maintain records and files.
Perform a variety of clerical support services.
Understand and carry out both oral and written directions.
Operate and use modern office equipment including computer, printers and copiers, scanners and postage machine.
Type and/or enter data on a computer at a speed necessary for successful for job performance.
Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
Maintain effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
Maintain mental capacity, which allows for effective interaction and communication with others.
Experience, Training, License/Certificate, Working Conditions: Experience
One year of record keeping and general clerical experience, preferably including electronic database software experience. Microsoft Office knowledge and experience a plus. Familiarity with electronic document repository or imaging system (i.e.) Laserfische) is desirable.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
License or Certificate:
Possession of or ability to obtain and maintain an appropriate, valid California driver’s license.
Office environment; exposure to computer screens.
Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time; medium lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling; reaching; handling; use of fingers; talking; hearing; near acuity.