Due to the expansion of the Accommodation team and opening of our newest residence, Waipārūrū Hall in early 2020, we are looking for Receptionists to join our team.
The Receptionists will provide general administrative and reception services for Accommodation. This role forms part of the “face” of Accommodation for visiting students, families and key stakeholders. Receptionists provide professional and customer focussed reception service for Accommodation, directing and referring enquiries from staff, students and the public as appropriate.
This takes general administrative support to residents including meeting couriers, upkeep and maintenance of photocopier and other related supplies, receiving and routing calls as appropriate, front desk support, reception support to events taking place in the faculties, liaising payment arrears and refunds with residents, doing bank reconciliations.
The role is 14 hours part-time will be based at Waiparuru Hall, 7am to 3pm, Saturday and Sunday.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone who can deliver a high standard of service and can also provide reliable, efficient and accurate execution of the reception duties in an Accommodation workplace. We are seeking applicants who are motivated self-starters who can work autonomously with the following qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
- Administrative role experience is essential and preference will be given to those with an understanding of the tertiary education sector
- Relevant experience or NCEA Level 2 and/or vocational qualification in a related subject
- With knowledge and basic understanding of CRM and databases
- Excellent customer service with good public relations and communication skills
More information about this role is available in the Position Description.
The University of Auckland’s Ngā Wharenoho – Accommodation department is growing. In early 2020 we will open two new accommodation buildings, including Australasia’s largest catered first year Hall – Waipārūrū Hall. This will increase our offering to accommodate over 4300 students. Our primary goal is to build and nurture a safe, supportive, enjoyable community for our student residents.
- Whakawhanaungatanga / Engagement: Helpful, Can-do, Responsive
- Tautoko / Support: Caring, Supportive, Respectful
- Ngangahau / Vibrancy: Active, Vibrant, Fun
- Auaha / Innovation: Open, Questioning, Challenging
- Ngākau pono / Integrity: Responsible, Principled, Resilient
Why work with us
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- A supportive team culture
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
We also offer a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, discounted childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
Applications should be submitted online, before the closing date of Sunday 5th January 2020 and include an up to date CV and cover letter stating which role you are interested in:
- 1x Part-time permanent – Saturday and Sunday 7am – 3pm (14 hours)
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz