Project Safety Officer M/F – Qatar Job Vacancy
Qatar Job Vacancy
Project Safety Officer M/F
PROJECT SAFETY OFFICER M/F
Temporary work contract
SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to transform work into energy, and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves every day to projects with a spirit of adventure where risk-taking is mitigated by preparation.
Thanks to their energy and our evolving expertise, we assist our clients from the engineering phase of their projects through to operations.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution, and it is thanks to their trust that SPIE Oil & Gas Services deploys the most comprehensive range of services on the market in over 30 countries.
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC Qatar for:
PROJECT SAFETY OFFICER:
This position is responsible for technical service to Corporation in the areas of Health and Safety during definition, detailed design and execution stages to ensure Contractor(s) compliance to established HSE policies, procedures and regulations.
Your main duties will be:
- To provide, with full responsibility and accountability, a technical service to Corporation in the areas of Health and Safety during definition, detailed design and execution stages to ensure Contractor(s) compliance to established HSE policies, procedures and regulations.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities for all areas of work covered in HSE aspects of Major Projects. Ensures adherence by QP and Contractor personnel to HSE policies, procedures and regulations with respect to active/passive fire safety systems, special protection systems, life safety and fire risk assessment, safety studies/reviews, security systems, emergency response programs, emergency lighting and communication systems. etc.
- Responsible for monitoring related activities within project sites and conducting daily inspection and ensuring the work being carried out is in line with approved JSA, Risk Assessment, and Method Statement and approved Permit to Work System.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing risk reduction measures in all areas and phases of construction.
- Participate and assist in checking and reviewing method statements, JSA’s, safety certifications and other related documents submitted by Contractors/ Project Consultant. To take necessary action by highlighting and reporting to immediate Supervisor in case of any lapse and/or lagging.
- Participate and provide inputs to Sr HSE Engineer for the implementation of Project HSE Performance Monitoring, HSE Objectives and Initiatives, HSE related procedures, guidelines, standards and policies to ensure Project activities are conducted in a safe, secure and healthy manner and in compliance with DT HSE and Corporate requirements.
- Monitor implementation of HSE Legal requirements, regulatory bodies, national laws and regulations, and State of Qatar-ratified international conventions and protocols within Project activities.
- Participate and provide support to carry out and maintain records of Project HSE risk regi
- HNC or equivalent in engineering discipline. Associate member of recognized safety institution.
- 10 years overall experience in operational safety, preferably in Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry specifically infrastructure /construction projects, with thorough knowledge on various safety regulations, standards, procedures etc.
- Experience in the Arabian Gulf is desirable
- Competent in the use of PC including MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and any other relevant software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good technical skills