Office Assistant – USA Job Vacancy
USA Job Vacancy
Morongo Unified School District-Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
Morongo Unified School District
OFFICE ASSISTANT – SCHOOL
The job of Office Assistant – School is done for the purpose/s of supporting assigned school site or department
administrators by providing general clerical support, information and/or direction and responding to inquiries from
parents, students and staff.
• Administers medication to students under the direction of a health care professional for the purpose of
meeting immediate health care needs.
- Answers incoming telephone calls for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries
and/or taking messages.
- Coordinates assigned projects and/or processes (varies by assignment) (e.g. homework collection, equipment
maintenance, Federal Survey Cards, parent notifications, etc.) for the purpose of providing services in line with district
- Distributes mail, checks, supplies, messages, etc. for the purpose of disseminating materials to appropriate parties.
- Monitors students referred for illness, discipline, etc. for the purpose of ensuring their safety and welfare.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. copying, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting assigned
administrator and/or site personnel.
- Prepares documents in standardized formats (e.g. newsletters, flyers, certificates, awards, etc.) for the purpose of
providing written documentation and/or conveying information.
- Processes documents, forms, mailings and materials (varies by assignment) (e.g. Federal Survey cards, referrals
and suspension notices, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff, other educational institutions and/or the public for the purpose of providing
information and/or direction as requested.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet
changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
administering first aid; operating standard office equipment; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and
utilizing pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read
a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and
understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform
the functions of the job includes: concepts of grammar and punctuation; word processing/data entry; and standard
office practices and procedures.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather and/or collate data; and use basic, job-related
equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing
defined and similar processes: and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a
diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment.
In working with others, some problem solving may be required to identify issues and select action plans. Problem
solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific
abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; working
with frequent interruptions: working as part of a team; and maintaining confidentiality.
Job Description: Office Assistant – School Printed 412812003 Page 1
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines: providing Information and/or
advising others: and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units may be
required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the Organization’s
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions requires the following physical demands: some
lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or
crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 65% sitting, 10% walking and 25% standing.
The job is performed under minimal temperature variations, a generally hazard free environment, and in a clean
Experience: Job related experience is required.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Required Testing: Certificates and Licenses:
Pre-employment Proficiency Test None Specified
Continuing Educ./Training: Clearances
None Specified Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Grade
Non Exempt Classified 15
Job Description: Office Assistant – School Printed 412812003 Page 2