About our Organisation
Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria (RBGV) is one of the world’s leading botanic gardens and a centre of excellence for horticulture, science, public engagement, inclusion and learning.
At RBGV, our mission is to safeguard plants and plant knowledge for the wellbeing of people and the planet. We play a meaningful role in people’s everyday lives, offering extraordinary opportunities to engage with nature for mental, physical, social and community wellbeing. Our interpretation, research programs and living landscapes support visitors of all to ages to understand their role in protecting Victoria’s vital and fragile biodiversity and in creating a sustainable future for all.
The organisation operates from two locations, the formally gazetted Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne and Melbourne Observatory – located centrally between the Shrine of Remembrance and the Yarra River – and Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne which includes over 380 hectares of indigenous remnant vegetation within the City of Casey. RBGV also has stewardship for the National Herbarium of Victoria, Victorian Conservation Seedbank and State Botanical Collection, an irreplaceable state asset and the ‘ark’ for Victoria’s flora.
The Traditional Owners of the lands upon which we work and learn are the peoples of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future, and acknowledge traditional wisdom in plant, land and water management of this precious country for over 40000 years.
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualification in relevant tourism, hospitality, or related customer front-line position and/or demonstrated professional experience in customer service
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality, responsive customer service and positive handling of customer feedback in a busy environment
- Experience in a sales-based environment, including management of bookings, cash handling, invoice generation and ticket sales
- Demonstrated experience handling emergency or customer service-related incidents, in particular within legal and regulatory frameworks
- Knowledge of plants, sustainability, conservation, humanities, or culture is desirable
- Flexible, constructive attitude and collaborative approach to work design and work procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to deal with a broad range of people with courtesy and efficiency
- Sound judgement, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to assess situations quickly and respond appropriately
- Proven ability to take initiative when working with minimal supervision
All other key selection criteria can be found in the position description which is located under the attachments heading on the Victorian Government Careers website. To apply for this role, please visit the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria’s website at http://www.rbg.vic.gov.au/about-us/job-opportunities or http://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au by Sunday 24 January 2021. You must submit a document responding to each of the Key Selection Criteria as stated in the position description.
Enquiries can be directed by email to email@example.com. Applications will only be accepted via the Victorian Government website.
Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria is a proudly child safe organisation. We require all applicants to complete our Child Safety Program as a condition of continued employment.