Temporary Part-Time Primary Teacher – Stage 3 (4 1/2 days /week)
Work type: temporary part-time
Location: St Monica’s Primary School – Richmond
The Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta is looking for a skilled, contemporary and passionate Primary K-6 Teacher to be part of our school community and enrich the lives of our students.
Teachers within the Diocese are responsible to the Principal and share in the learning and teaching of subject matters to students of the school community. Teachers are responsible for delivering high quality contemporary learning and teaching for the community they serve which is embedded in the Catholic world view. It is a collaborative ministry of witness and service and part of the evangelising mission of the Church.
Key focus areas
The Primary K-6 Teacher will fit the following criteria:
- Knowledge on how to structure lessons to meet the physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students. Strong teachers have extensive knowledge of the content and sequence of Key Learning Areas – including Religious Education.
- Understand the fundamental concepts, structure and enquiry processes relevant to programs they develop and teach. They understand what constitutes effective, developmentally appropriate strategies in their learning and teaching programs and use this knowledge to make the content meaningful to students.
- Able to create and maintain safe, inclusive and challenging learning environments and implement fair and equitable behaviour management plans. Strong teachers will evaluate all aspects of their teaching practice to ensure they are meeting the learning needs of their students. interpret and use student assessment data to diagnose barriers to learning and to challenge students to improve their performance.
- They operate effectively at all stages of the teaching and learning cycle, including planning for learning and assessment, developing learning programs, teaching, assessing, providing feedback on student learning and reporting to parents/carers.
- They value opportunities to engage with their school communities within and beyond the classroom to enrich the educational context for students and work to promote the links between school, home and community in the social and intellectual development of their students.
Please respond to the above selection criteria in your cover letter. Candidates are required to include in their resumes the details of three referees including the Parish Priest from your Parish of worship.
Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta provides quality learning and teaching in a faith-centred environment across 83 primary and secondary schools and within early learning and out of school hours care centres in Western Sydney.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child-related employment including the completion of a National Police Check, retention of a valid Working with Children Check and adoption and compliance with CEDP’s Child Safeguarding Procedures and Code of Conduct When Working With Students and Children.
CEDP promotes the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, as well as people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Successful Candidates for all positions at CEDP must have a valid Working With Children Check. For more information, please visit The Office of The Children’s Guardian here.
Advertised: 13 Nov 2020 09:11 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Nov 2020 23:11 AUS Eastern Daylight Time