The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a Job Administration/Production Control Technician reporting to the Shift Supervisor. This position is responsible for monitoring job flows controlled by the CA Workload Automation DE (dSeries) scheduling system. The jobs being run execute on either a z/OS mainframe or UNIX server. The position requires knowledge of tools and utilities that run on either z/OS or UNIX. The technician must be able to respond quickly to job failures by determining the general cause of the problem and contacting the appropriate on-call staff member for remediation. The candidate will also be required to occasionally migrate software to the production and test environments. Other duties included documenting problems, setting up job flow dependencies, and executing/troubleshooting test flows.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Do you have a baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering ‘and/or’ management of infrastructure?
2. Do you have eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering ‘and/or’ management of infrastructure?
3. Do you have education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above?
- Extensive experience working in Production Control with mainframe or mid-range computer
- Familiarity with establishing job dependencies
- Experience troubleshooting JCL errors, using GDGs, and utilities such as File-AID and IDCAMS
- Knowledge of CA Workload Automation DE or similar enterprise scheduling package
- Knowledge of z/OS JCL and TSO/ISPF
- Experience with mainframe compile, link, and bind procedures
- Familiarity with file transfer protocols such as FTPS and/or Connect:Direct
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of standard SDLC methodologies
- Knowledge of IMS, DB2
- Knowledge of UNIX
- Knowledge of PUTTY, WinSCP
- Familiarity with Rational Tools (ClearQuest and ClearCase)
- Familiarity with MS-Word and Excel
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft People Tools (Process Monitor)
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #458386. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
FISA/OPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
THIS POSITION IS A 3-DAY WORK WEEK, 7:30 AM UNTIL 8:00 PM AND INCLUDES WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. THE DAYS WORKED WILL ROTATE ON A 4 WEEK PREDETERMINED SCHEDULE (4 WEEKS MON THRU WED THEN 4 WEEKS THU THRU SAT.)
New York City Residency is not required for this position