smart jobs in melbourne
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this role
As the leader on the store floor, this position is responsible for the management and activities in all aspects of store operations. Major areas of responsibility include hiring, developing, managing, motivating, and training of staff. Other key areas of focus are floor management, payroll, cash administration, merchandising and inventory management, store systems and programs, communication to and from head office, community and guest education, budgets and sales management, and most importantly, culture!
A Day In The Life
- You are present on the floor, managing and directing all store staff a minimum of 21 hours per week
- You passionately lead, coach and educate on the retail floor to support your people
- You understand and develop your pipeline
- You are clear as to what your employees’ strengths, opportunities and goals are, and support them in the pursuit of these goals
- You proactively recruit to fill the people pipeline
- You take a stand as an advocate for lululemon’s values
- You are fully accountable for and oversee the execution of all deliverables on the Manager ‘80/20 Checklist’
- You unpack boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh 5 – 20kgs
- You work closely with the Management Team, producing results which meet or exceed Company goals including being responsible for your store’s P&L and profit/contribution targets
- You represent your store at all required meetings and conferences, under the direction of the Regional Manager
- Under the direction of the Regional Manager, you perform/complete other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
[read_more id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
- The Store Manager is fully enrolled and is an advocate for the culture of lululemon and the tools available for personal growth and development. They understand these tools and work to enrol the rest of the team in them
- The Store Manager proactively acquires knowledge/education regarding company general information, news bulletins, store policies and processes, quality control, new garments/styles, guest feedback/experiences, and staff information by consistently reviewing the company intranet and communication channels
- Passion, knowledge and involvement in yoga, and/or other fitness, health or sports activities required. We expect them, as part of the Leadership Team, to be enrolled in participating in weekly fitness activities in and out of the store with the store team.
- Acknowledges the presence of Y157choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.