Harlem Hospital Center has been a bedrock of the Harlem community since 1887. The hospital provides a wide range of medical, surgical, diagnostic, therapeutic and family support services to the residents of Central Harlem, West Harlem, Washington Heights and Inwood. Harlem is the largest hospital in the area, capable of treating the most seriously ill. Harlem provides over 90 specialized ambulatory care services, dentistry and oral surgery, behavioral health services, and community substance abuse treatment.
This class of positions encompasses work of varying degrees of difficulty and responsibility in handling the receipt, storage, care and distribution of materials, supplies, equipment and tools. All personnel perform related work.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Distributes Medical Surgical Supplies and other supplies to Patient Care areas, as assigned
- Performs accurate refills in PAR locations
- Initiates and completes weekly inventory in assigned PAR areas
- Checks for expired items in assigned PAR areas, on a daily basis
- On a weekly basis, cleans, dusts, and wipes down, in compliance with infection control standards, in assigned PAR areas, including storage bins.
- Maintains daily PAR level inventory on Bulk Cart
- Ensures neatness of bulk supplies and floor stock items in storage area on patient care unit
- Returns excess supplies located in assigned PAR areas, on a daily basis
- Provides accurate recordkeeping on all assigned PAR areas using handheld devices, on a daily basis
- Dusts shelves, boxes, cartons, and bins, and sweeps floors in assigned areas to ensure compliance with infection control standards
- Operates equipment, such as the electrical/manual jacks to transport supplies to various destinations, on an as needed basis
- Maintains assigned inventory areas
There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position.
Must be able to perform the physical tasks of the job.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button.