Marketing, Recruitment & Channel Integration
HEW 6: starting at $80,752 plus 17% superannuation
Full-time, ongoing position, Hawthorn location
At Swinburne, we’ve been evolving our in-house marketing capability with new expertise, processes, and technology – and we’re now after a Social Media Specialist who lives, breathes and plays across a myriad of social platforms.
Reporting into the Social Media Manager, you’ll be responsible for delivering a diverse mix of social media activities across multiple channels. To do so, you’ll consult and collaborate with fellow content creators from marketing, communications and other teams.
It goes without saying that you
- Have completed a degree in marketing, advertising, communications or digital media.
- Worked in a similar social media role for a large and complex organisation.
- Implemented social media plans across various segments, markets and platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. Experience with TikTok, Snapchat, Weibo and WeChat is a plus.
- Look forward to improving our social content and style so that our channels speak in an unmistakably Swinburne voice.
- Have developed content for a range of audiences and channels.
- Have demonstrated experience in aligning audience needs and preferences with marketing and communications strategies and objectives.
- Are up to date with the latest trends in data and technology to help improve the process and performance of social media activity.
- Are a team player and can manage multiple projects, deadlines and stakeholders without breaking (too much of) a sweat.
A full list of the selection criteria is available in the position description
Swinburne University of Technology has a long, proud history of educating and training students for over 100 years. Swinburne focuses on providing high-quality, career-oriented education with strong links to industry and the community. Swinburne currently has over 54,000 students.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Careers at Swinburne.
How to apply
To start an application, click on ‘begin’ at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information, please contact Jessica Dennis (Social Media Manager) via email on email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as our Charter of Cultural Diversity, Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan, Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close: 5pm on Thursday, 7th January 2021