Are you a singing teacher/tutor? The House of Voice situated in the South Eastern Suburbs is currently looking for an additional fully qualified vocal teacher to work on a casual basis teaching voice both online and when lessons are safe to resume post COVID IN 2021
The House of Voice found its name from a metaphoric concept used to illustrate to students the importance of musicianship and technique, why we want to integrate it and why its vital for musical success and longevity.
HOV provides musicians the opportunity to gain skills both as a musician and a performer, whilst improving technique and artistry.
At HOV we develop all aspects needed to become the best musician possible through our specialised programs across all ages, levels, styles and backgrounds.
With extensive education in technique, theory and performance within all our specialised programs and disciplines. Our teachers are all graduates of the VCA/Melbourne University music programs across Bachelor, Honours and Masters programs all passionate in their quest to pass on this training, alongside personal and HOV methodologies.
HOV provides students gain the opportunity to improve not only their technique and performance, but gain skills in shifting their blocks and gaining musical artistry within their instrument.
HOV maintains a fun, holistic and interactive approach to music training, educating students in technique, awareness training, the body and how it can efficiently produce sound either through the body (in singing) or with the instrument (piano/guitar) without strain/effort giving students techniques which promote good vocal health or body health (through guitar/piano) with efficiency and stamina.
Straying from the one size fits all approach, HOV has a strong emphasis on the individual, focusing on students key strengths, eliminating inefficient habitual patterns and developing individual programs to set musicians on the path to becoming their best!
We are looking for a teacher who also believes in our mission statement and upholds a similar philosophy applicable to guitar and has the following skills and attributes.
Qualifications and training required
- Bachelor of Music (Melbourne University/VCA background) in Voice is essential, professional experience (only) in voice and teaching considered.
- Please do not apply_ if you did not_ graduate from VCA/Melbourne University or WAAPA
- A teaching qualification is beneficial in your application
- All applicants must demonstrate teaching experience
Key skills and attributes: –
- Open/Warm Friendly nature
- Professionally presented and upholds a professional manner at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Patient and compassionate
- Innovative with an ability to think outside the box when required
- Versed in multiple teaching methods which supports holistic principles
- Ability to motivate, encourage and support students in all areas of Voice and performance alongside vocal, with skills to provide a holistic approach to their teaching.
- Is a highly dedicated teacher whom is always looking to further themselves in voice and in the teaching of voice
- Keeps updated with the latest repertoire in all styles and has an ability to select the appropriate pieces in all styles/genres
- The ability to relate, teach and communicate with a large spectrum of ages in all levels from beginner to intermediate
- You must be able to teach music theory, aural and basic notation
- You must have an ability to teach performance skills for auditions, AMEB, competitions, gigs and a range of HOV performances throughout the year
- You have an ability to teach fundamentals of each individual style within Voice: Jazz, Pop, Rock, Indie, Soul, R&B, Musical Theatre and Classical. It is also expected that you know the what techniques are required for each style.
- Some knowledge in either or all music software: Garageband, Ableton and Sibelius would be a bonus (although not essential)
At times you will be called on to assist with ensembles and half and yearly performances.
- Hours are in the afternoon and evening 1-2 days a week and looking for further days
- You will require a Working With Children Certificate before commencing.
Please apply if you have the necessary qualifications, skills and attributes.
If you feel that the HOV model is of interest and you can maintain a high standard of achievement and performance.
Part-time hours: 8-16 per week
Application Deadline: 20/12/2020
Expected Start Date: 01/02/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Employee mentoring program
- Professional development assistance
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Working With Children (WWC) Check (Preferred)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19