UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
UTS Health offers innovative, practise-based education and high impact research that focuses on improving health outcomes in both local and global communities. The Faculty is a respected leader in a broad range of disciplines including Sport and Exercise, Health Services Management, Midwifery, Nursing and Public Health.
The UTS Faculty of Health is currently seeking an organised and process driven part-time Research Assistant to join the UTS (IMPACCT) team. The Research Assistant-PaCCSC Writer supports the clinical research activities of the Palliative Care Clinical Studies Collaborative (PaCCSC), located within Improving Palliative, Aged and Chronic Care through Clinical Research and Translation (IMPACCT). This role will enable the development of high-quality clinical trial protocols and competitive grant funding submissions to support palliative and supportive care research for people with life-limiting illnesses.
About the role:
The Research Assistant-PaCCSC Writer supports the core research activities of PaCCSC, including:
- Working with the investigator team and members of the PaCCSC national office to write clinical trial protocols and prepare human research ethics submissions for new studies
- Preparing submissions for competitive funding opportunities
- Undertaking literature reviews on behalf of study working groups
- Preparing agendas and minutes at project working group meetings to develop new study concepts
With examples, please outline in a separate document how you meet the following five (5) key selection criteria points below:
1. High-level writing skills in research proposals, ethics applications, research grants for competitive funding, and peer-reviewed publications
2. Demonstrated ability to learn and apply policy and procedure in complex environments and provide advice to a range of client groups in an appropriate manner
3. An understanding of research and clinical trials conduct gained from own studies through research higher degree, or through a prior working environment
4. Experience using a range of complex databases to process information and retrieve reports
5. Experience in a research environment, preferably in a large and complex organisation
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary: $83,258 to $90,147 pa (HEW 6 – pro-rated)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is part-time (21 hours per week) and appointment will be made on a fixed term basis of 15 months.
How To Apply
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please click the apply link and download the Position Description from the UTS website.
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC190693
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to Amelia Holesgrove in the UTS Recruitment Team via email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 28th January 2021 at 11:59pm (AEST)
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
Please note: If you have a disability that requires adjustment to the recruitment process or an alternative application pathway please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.