Full Job Description
Summary: The Safe Horizon DV Shelter Program provides safe and confidential spaces for DV Survivors and their children. We are committed to providing these services with empathy, compassion, professionalism, non-judgement, and respect. Our spaces respect survivors’ right to self-determination and focus on giving families and individuals the space, both emotional and physical, to heal from the victimization and trauma they have experienced.
- Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with clients.
- Assisting the Administration in the overall operations function of the programs;
- Maintaining and updating program statistics and disseminate them to agency departments;
- Maintaining and updating Daily Census tool for all the shelters;
- Maintains resource materials;
- Utilizes and or maintains databases
- Processing purchase orders, payment requests from the programs in a timely fashion
- Acting as liaison between site administration and field staff;
- Arranging meetings and preparing agendas including handling the calendar of the Senior Vice-President;
- Planning and co-facilitating Program Assistant workshops for shelters quarterly;
- Assist in coordinating and/or providing support for special events;
- Word Processing and proofreading memos and other documents; filing dutues;
- Ordering, distributing and keeping inventory of special purchases;
- Assisting the Director, Fiscal & Administrative Operations to monitor budgets as needed;
- Helping to find more efficient ways to handle administrative tasks;
- Greeting visitors and acting as a receptionist for the department
- Answers and directs telephone calls, faxes and mail directed to the department;
- Other related tasks as assigned
Interacts with: Shelter program staff and vendor(s).
- High school equivalency or high school diploma
- Interpersonal work experience in a fast-paced environment such as customer service, human service or related field