With our award-winning technology and trusted expertise, Grass Valley enables and empowers creators, broadcasters and media organizations to produce brilliant content that captivates audiences and connects people through the magic of media.
As the industry’s R&D powerhouse, we offer the widest and deepest range of best-in-class solutions in the industry. We are the trusted partner to many of the biggest and most creative names in the media and entertainment business as we help our customers to build successful media businesses and navigate the rapidly shifting mediascape.
Why Join Grass Valley?
As the world continues to evolve, Grass Valley is also transforming: Creating innovative breakthrough solutions to serve customers’ changing needs and realities. We are proud that for over 60 years, our innovations have enabled content creators, broadcasters and media organizations to produce rich, compelling content that brings the viewer even closer to the action; more engaged with the story and more connected to others.
Our people are creative, knowledgeable, passionate and dedicated, working together to deliver high quality solutions and services to customers all over the world. We are looking for our future ambassadors, technologists, thought leaders and innovators to continue this beautiful journey with us. This is your opportunity, join us!
For further information, please visit www.grassvalley.com.
Our Product Specialists help customers succeed in implementing and operating Grass Valley technologies throughout its entire lifecycle. Our team of specialists use their deep knowledge of products and customer workflows to ensure successful design, deployment and 24×7 mission critical operation.
You are a highly motivated technologist who will stay abreast of evolving technology and market trends in both traditional broadcast and fast paced new media industries. You will partner with Sales, Solutions Architects and Product Managers to develop innovative architectures that address customer business problems and you will be responsible for delivery of the technology and successful on-boarding of customers. Your ability to rapidly troubleshoot operational and technical problems is what you do best. Making customer success a reality is our “every day”, our teams deliver for our customers and that is why our customers choose Grass Valley.
· Create and resolve Service Request Tickets. Provide remote or onsite fault finding and diagnostics services for our global customers, ensuring we meet or exceed our Service Level Agreements via our 24×7 follow-the-sun technical support function;
· Partner with international teams to resolve product defects, plan and perform testing of fixes in our labs before successful deployment into customer sites;
· Create and maintain technical documentation and knowledge base articles to enable our global teams can solve customer problems promptly and to enable us to realize our self-help vision via our customer portal;
· Provide office and onsite based Demonstration, Installation, Setup, Configuration, Testing and Commissioning services of Grass Valley’s hardware and software products in either a standalone application or as part of a wider solution;
· Provide customer direction in the configuration, maintenance and operation of our products and technology. The form of direction may vary from informal knowledge transfer during onsite commissioning of products to delivery of formal technical or operational training;
· Support the Sales and Pre-Sales functions and provide product demonstration and support services encompassing office based, client sites, via the Internet or at trade shows;
· Provide operational support for when a customer goes live.
· Up to 25% interstate and international travel may be required, for provision of services or for self-training purposes
What you Have to Offer
Degree in Electronic, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
· At least 3 years’ experience, directly related to post sales delivery and support in the broadcast, media or entertainment industries.
· Experience in delivery and support complex solutions in a 24×7 environment
· Professional Certifications: Cisco Networking required. Microsoft, VMWare and AWS Practitioner would be advantageous.
· Sound understanding of IP and Cloud technologies and emerging broadcast IP standards
· Working knowledge of SalesForce.com, JIRA and Slack preferred
· General PC knowledge and experience in typical MS business applications required (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication and presentation skills
· Able to adapt and learn new technologies in a self-paced environment
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with excellent customer advocacy skills
· Self-motivator with a proven history of meeting and exceeding target
Interested candidates should apply via our Careers Page https://www.grassvalley.com/company-information/careers/
- Grass Valley offers competitive compensation packages in an energizing and supportive work environment.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
- Grass Valley is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $68,421.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Performance bonus
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19