Location: Melbourne | Southern Metropolitan
Job type: Not provided
Organisation: Peninsula Health
Salary: Salary not specified
Occupation: Administration/Secretarial, Finance, Human Resources, Other, Medical
- Ideal opportunity to develop your career
- Mornington Peninsula Location
- Salary Packaging Benefits
Who We Are and What We Stand For
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our Vision is to provide exceptional health and community care.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful and Be Collaborative. We are One Peninsula Health.
What You Will Be Doing
This dynamic, fast paced and rewarding full time role on a 7 day rotating roster is required to ensure patients with private health insurance are informed of the benefits of utilising their private health insurance along with assisting overseas and compensable patients with admission paperwork. This role requires the successful applicant to work 1 weekend every 4 weeks along with the ability to work some public holidays.
The successful applicant will join the Revenue Services team as a dedicated Private Patient Services Officer who is required to interview patients and/or families who have private health insurance with the aim of encouraging the use of their private health insurance for the admission.
- Interview patients and their families with the aim of encouraging use of private health insurance
- Assist patients and their families in understanding the benefits of utilising their Private Health Insurance
- Assist with the processing of their claims
- Liaise and consult with external agencies(eg Medicare, Health Insurance Funds, Veterans Affairs, Transport Accident Commission, Workcover) with regard to routine transactions
- Maximise Private and Compensable Patient Revenue
- Provide assistance and advice in relation to Private and Compensable Patient matters across the organisation
- Support and contribute to the achievement of Revenue Business Support targets and KPIs
- Conduct data audits to identify errors – as per policy and procedure manual
What You Need
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
If you experience any issues signing in or registering, please feel welcome to contact us – the People, Experience & Performance Team on (03) 9784 2700.
Peninsula Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also provide a safe and supportive workplace for people with disabilities.
To find out more about our recruitment processes, compliance obligations and to prepare your application to join our team please visit:
Join Peninsula Health and help us to deliver safe, personal, effective & connected care to every person, every time.