Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $49.9 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2020. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone – we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term.
About Fortress Private Equity
Fortress Private Equity is focused on making control and minority investments in the U.S. The investment team has a long and established track record of making investments through the cycles and delivering returns to investors across sectors including financial services, real estate and infrastructure. The Financial Services team manages New Residential Investment Corp., a diversified publicly traded real estate investment trust as well as Fortress Capital Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company.
About the Position
Fortress is seeking a Private Equity Associate to analyze potential investments in the financial services sector. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience in private equity, investment banking, equity research or a related field. Candidate will apply their analytical skillset to assist with and create the financial modelling required to accurately assess investment opportunities. The Associate will learn how to evaluate various investments by working side-by-side with top professionals in a close-knit team with a history of making successful investments.
The Private Equity Associate will:
- Support the team in identifying and researching new investment opportunities while assisting in maintaining and monitoring corporate investments
- Develop flexible corporate underwriting models and supporting analysis that drive views on corporate valuation
- Conduct financial and business diligence (e.g. industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects)
- Prepare internal information and investment memoranda
- Assist in the review of transaction-related documentation
- Perform corporate benchmarking to track relative performance in target sectors
- Collaborate with Asset Management, Accounting, Investor Relations, Corporate and Legal to complete investments
- High level of resilience to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment