smart jobs in melbourne
- Exciting ongoing and fixed term opportunities available across strategic policy and process/budget reform projects
- Utilise your experience in policy, performance and financial monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Contribute to a dynamic and busy team
The Justice Policy and Data Reform (JPDR) group provides policy advice and support on criminal law, civil law, and Court and tribunal matters for which the Attorney-General is responsible. JPDR includes a Justice System Reform branch which leads strategic justice system policy and reform, including data reform and strategic projects relating to the Courts and key entities across the Justice System. The branch is then further divided into units and teams.
The Justice System Reform Branch consists of three units:
- Justice System Strategy: supports the Attorney-General’s focus on improving the interconnection and operation of the Justice System to inform whole-of-justice strategic decision-making through policy, process and budget reforms.
- Court Strategic Projects: provides a dedicated focus on court signature projects, the strategic relationship with Courts and helping triage Court support.
- System Governance: recognises the importance of creating strong governance expertise to guide JDPR’s collaboration and oversight of justice system partners. Responsible for providing high-quality and authoritative advice to acquit the Attorney-General’s and department’s legal governance and administrative responsibilities.
[read_more id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
About the role
The Policy Officer position will be within Justice System Strategy, which comprises of two teams:
- Justice Strategy: identifies and delivers system level reforms, which includes active stewardship of the justice system to improve outcomes, performance and access to justice for all users.
- Strategic Improvement: leads budget and performance improvements (particularly across the Victorian Courts and tribunals), which includes monitoring the performance and financial condition of the justice system, drawing on a variety of data, reports, and other resources.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for developing and analysing budget submissions and outcomes, considering how system-level performance can be measured and improved, and leading the co-ordination, research, development, implementation, review and reform of other policy and system reform across the Attorney-General’s portfolio.
We are looking for staff who are motivated to make an impact in delivering the government’s reform agenda and influencing how a complex service delivery system works at all levels.
As our ideal candidate you will demonstrate:
- The ability to contribute and develop continuous improvement of performance targets, reporting, and data gathering practices
- Strong writing skills with the ability to assist with preparation of policy proposals, project briefs, reports, service plans and recommendations on complex issues
- Experience in developing and delivering either strategic policy reform and complex projects / or budget, finance and performance reporting.
How to apply
For further information on role capabilities please refer to the attached position description which outlines the key selection criteria and accountabilities for the role.
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include only a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening