Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic and highly experienced PSA to join our ED and Radiology Departments.
Details of position/position requirements
Full time/Part time fixed term roles for 5months
Applicants must hold a Cert 111 in Health Services Assistant
Previous applications will not be condsidered.
Applicants MUST be able to work a 24/7 rotating roster including weekends and Night shift and Public holidays.
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate/Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform duties in a professional manner
- Maintain an environment free of hazards
- Maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Infectious Clean (Including VRE / Gastroenteritis Terminal Cleans Upon Discharge)
- Patient Care Duties
- Maintain support service areas
- Concise written and verbal skills
- Computer literate
- Flexible attitude with an ability to work as a team member
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Physically fit
- Completed PSA Certificate – Certificate III in Health (Patient Services)
Must be able to Provide 3 working references.
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, and employee assistance program.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working With Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.