Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities: The Operations Coordinator develops, implements, and supervises the business and support functions of a specific department. This may be inclusive of financial oversight for the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the day-to-day functions of the department, or particular specialized function within a department, and ensures that operations run smoothly according to institutional policies and departmental procedures.
2. Ensures that the department follows appropriate policies and procedures as mandated by the hospital, and/or regulatory agencies if applicable.
3. Develops and monitors departmental process improvement plans as appropriate.
4. Maintains records of daily operations, as well as departmental documentation as required to fulfill operations of the area or department.
5. May provide input on the development and implementation of departmental policies, practices, procedures, and attainment of operating goals.
6. May work with outside vendors, consultants, agencies or resources as required to maintain departmental objectives.
7. May submit revenue and financial reports to the appropriate parties if applicable.
8. May updates and maintain financial records of the department.
9. May act as a liaison to support services for the department, i.e. Facilities, I.T. etc.
10. May maintain appropriate supply inventory levels. May engage in materials and/or supply chain processes for assigned area.
11. May oversee support of administrative staff and coordinate activities of staff.
12. May be required to train or mentor other staff members.
13. Performs other duties as required.
Associate’s degree, or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
3 years related experience required.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.