Note: Previous applicants need not reapply.
Hi, we are Intopia!
We are a digital consultancy with a difference. We’re change makers. We believe everyone has a right to inclusive digital experiences that enrich their lives. This is our purpose, our quest, the white rabbit we follow.
We do what we love, with people we like, to help make the world more inclusive. We place all user – every single one of them – at the centre of everything we do. We work to break down barriers and make technology universally accessible.
About the role
We are on a quest to find a talented office and finance administrator who can join our growing team. You must be motivated and able to support and look after our team as they work towards helping our clients be more inclusive. The location for the role is preferably in Sydney or Melbourne, but if you are somewhere else, don’t let that stop you from contacting us.
This is a mid-level role and involves taking initiative and being well organised for a range of administrative duties, and whatever is needed to help us with our mission. Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Payroll, expenses, super
- Client invoicing
- Xero reconciliation
- Liaise with bookkeeper and accountant
- Proposal development for clients
- Document and template creation using Microsoft Office
- Documenting/updating Intopia systems – financial, project management, etc
- Onboarding of employees and contractors
- Travel bookings for the team
- Coordination and management of monthly reporting of key business metrics
We are looking for someone who can add to the extensive experience of our team. That said we still need you to have certain key skills such as:
- Minimum of 4 years administration experience (preferable)
- Well organised, motivated and ready to take initiative
- High attention to detail
- Confident on the phone, organising meetings, etc.
- Experience working with remote or virtual teams
- Enthusiastic and positive work ethic
- Can manage a variety of tasks, conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Experience with Office 365 and Xero (additional experience with bookkeeping is a bonus)
- Experience with Asana or equivalent project management software desirable
People with disabilities, women, Indigenous Australians and ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants with lived experience of disability, experience working with people with disability and/or a demonstrated personal understanding of disability.
Why work with us?
We have an amazing team of 17 people, each with a diverse range of expertise and experiences. Our team is still growing, and we are now the largest specialist digital accessibility team in Australia and New Zealand. Most of our team is based in Melbourne and Sydney, but we also have people in Perth, Adelaide, Cairns and Auckland.
We are a social enterprise who are committed to giving 5% of our revenue to initiatives that directly or indirectly support people with disabilities. We’re also a certified B Corp and proud supporter of the 1 percent pledge initiative. Our work provides positive social impact every day.
Our team is a little different. We know the force is strong and everything is bigger on the inside. We celebrate with glitter, and we know you can build anything with the right bricks.
We value people who:
- love what they do,
- think outside of the box,
- can turn customers into fans,
- are always learning,
- give more then they take,
- and always put people first.
- Working within a great culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Friendly team of people to work with
- Ability to grow and develop
Down the rabbit hole
If this role sounds like you, even if you don’t match all the requirements, then we want to hear from you! Apply today by sharing your resume, cover letter and answers to the three questions below. Please attach your answers to the end of your cover letter. You will need to answer all three questions for your application to be considered. We don’t need war and peace, just a few paragraphs so we can get to know you better.
- Q1: Tell us a bit about yourself. What is the thing that inspires you the most?
- Q2: What is your biggest strength and how do you think that will be relevant to this role?
- Q3: Provide an example of when you have been proactive in a business environment, and the outcomes achieved.
Agencies please do not contact us or send applicants to us. Valid work visa, permanent residency or Australian citizenship required.
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Application Deadline: 10/01/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Casual
Salary: $30.00 – $40.00 per hour
- Work from home
- Flexible hours