BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The position is responsible for managing customer accounts and other channel management duties, within BIC Oceania’s business. This role requires a high level of professionalism in dealing with customers on a daily basis.
The purpose is to ensure a professional approach to the management of specified accounts while protecting and building on these important income streams.
Major responsibilities include:
1) Portfolio Business Plan – Creating and administering the go-to-market strategy for the specified customer portfolio.
2) Customer Business Plan – Development and management of the customer’s full year Joint Business Plan. This also incorporates maintaining and/or building strong multi-level commercial relationships within the customer.
3) Category Review Process – Managing the customer’s category review process across multiple product categories and segments. This is based on prescribed category growth drivers which meet specific consumer demands and aligns to the customer’s objectives and BIC’s corporate and category objectives.
4) Financial Management – Managing all commercial aspects with the customer. This includes management of a sales budget to meet value, volume and profitability expectations, while working within a defined trade spend.
5) Trade Spend Investment – Optimizing BIC’s return on investment while balancing shopper, customer and BIC’s objectives. Work collectively with the line manager to develop and execute the category’s promotional strategy.
6) Internal Business Planning – Manage the account’s 12-month forecast and continuously monitor and update the variances as part of the monthly S&OP reporting cycle to ensure the organization meets its own and the customer’s service level KPI’s in an efficient manner.
7) Leveraging the Strength of the Team – Taking ownership of account initiatives to successfully bring these to life from concept to final activation. Do this through taking a leadership position and guiding internal stakeholders including key marketing, operations and finance personnel.
2 – 3 experience in an Account Executive or National Account Manager role.
Ideally managing a grocery account
More than 5 years experience in Account Management
Industry experience in a selling function, primarily FMCG key accounts.
Tertiary qualifications, ideally in business;
Entrepreneurial/outside-the-box thinking and initiative;
Demonstrates sound business acumen with Profit & Loss understanding;
Impeccable communication and negotiation skills,
Well-presented and highly motivated;
Proven success in new business development; and
Strong multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
Cross functional experience (indirect) mainly marketing & finance.
Apply Today! There’s never been a better time to join BIC. We’re a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.