Job Description Summary
Are you looking to combine an active lifestyle with income? We are looking for people like you; fit, flexible, reliable.
About the Role
We are currently seeking Casual Meter Readers throughout the Wagga Wagga Area and surrounding regions, to join our team – Keep fit and get paid . As a Meter Reader, you will be responsible to drive to an allocated route and autonomously walk from property to property, reading and recording utility consumption numbers in an electronic hand-held device. This role is challenging and rewarding – Get out what you put in.
- No experience required
- Hourly base pay rate + super
- Casual work (Mon-Fri, early starts)
- Keep fit on the job + work outdoors
- Deliver an essential service for residents and local businesses in the area
- Uniform, PPE and on-the-job training provided
- Physically demanding – Extensive walking + bending & squatting
- Fast paced environment
- Working in most weather conditions
- Plan and organise your work day and routes – Amenities etc.
- Accurately read allocated meter routes in a timely, efficient and safe manner
- Understand and ensure efficiency targets are met
- Publicly represent Service Stream and our clients in a professional manner
- Regularly communicate with office support team
- Upload/download route information to/from hand-held computer
- Report to office as required
Is This You?
This role will suit someone with a great attitude and work ethic that enjoys working outdoors. Prior meter reading experience is not required, however experience in a similar physically demanding role is ideal. To be considered to join our team, you will also have the following:
- Good fitness level and ability to walk long distances for extended hours
- Motivated & reliable with great attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Available to work Mon-Fri, 20-38 hours per week
- Australian Driver’s License
- Reliable motor vehicle and mobile phone
- Flexible and comfortable with daily travel of up to, or more than 45 minutes each way
How to Apply
If this sounds like you apply now to the Service Stream