Meter Reader – Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Job no: 575573
Work type: Casual
Categories: Meter Readers & Field Officers
Meter Readers Required – Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne
- Do you enjoy walking and keeping fit?
- Like the idea of working outdoors?
- Are you self-motivated and like working autonomously?
- Do you want to work in a supportive environment?
Opportunities exists to join our team as a meter reader, with structured hours and flexible finish times available on weekdays.
Your new company
Skilltech, a division of the Spotless Group, is one of Australia’s largest providers of meter installations, energy and water efficiency services. We read, install and maintain these services for the government, utilities and corporations throughout the country. Supported by a hard-working team we continue to manage more than 41 million meter reads and 330,000 meter installations and replacements each year.
If you are looking to join a successful operation, Skilltech is a great choice for you.
Your new role
Skilltech has a challenging casual opportunity with no previous experience required. Meter readers work in all weather conditions and terrain so you will need to be comfortable working outdoors, doing a lot of walking and driving in suburban and rural areas.
Based in the Inner, Outer East and South East of Melbourne you will need to drive to your allocated work route location and enter meter reading data into a handheld device, traveling on foot from house to house.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Hold a valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle
- Be able to provide accurate and timely meter reads into a handheld device
- Be self motivated and able to work autonomously
- Be able to work flexible structured hours Monday to Friday
- Be able to walk for the duration of your shift (between 10km and 30km)
- Be comfortable liaising with customers and clients
- Have the ability to obtain a satisfactory criminal history and medical check
- Have a mobile phone
What you’ll get in return
This is a great opportunity to join the Skilltech team in a role that doesn’t require previous experience. You will be provided with full training and full uniform including footwear. You will also gain a sense of accomplishment by joining and contributing to a successful customer focused team.
What you need to do now
If you are seeking a new opportunity and match the criteria specified, then please apply directly via Seek.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
Advertised: 04 Jan 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 03 Feb 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time