smart jobs in melbourne
An enthusiastic, driven professional who will be relied upon by doctors, allied health staff, and patients to keep the office operations running smoothly and be confident in being the face of the business. In addition to performing administrative and supportive functions, they must be comfortable with medical terminology and be familiar with various medical procedures and business practices.
Our medical secretaries should have good computer skills in order to accurately and efficiently process patient information, including payments and Medicare claims, manage the office database, patient records, and manage multiple doctor’s and allied health staff’s schedules. They should also be confident and articulate when greeting patients and taking and directing calls that come into the clinic with a high degree of professionalism and empathy. Maintaining a clean and safe workspace, and abiding by workplace health and safety policies and procedures is paramount in this role.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of Secondary Education Completion
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
· Ideally a background in haematology/oncology
· Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Organised and able to meet deadlines
· Knowledge of Genie practice management software
· Good knowledge of medical terminology
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Complete administration tasks efficiently, both as a team & independently
· Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, procedures and medical consultations.
· Ensure office is clean and presentable at all times
· To be confident in all administration tasks such as, faxing, filing, note taking & calendar management
· Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits and collections, preparing and sending financial statements and bills, and keeping financial records.
[read_more id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You must submit a cover letter with your resume to be considered
Part-time hours: 22.8 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- No weekends
- Medical Secretary: 3 years (Preferred)
- Medical Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- High School (Year 12) (Preferred)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitising, disinfecting or cleaning procedures in place