Schedules exams for patients, performs pre-registration, faxes and scans documents, handles customer service related requests, communicates preparations, handles call backs, coordinates legal records requests and performs various other clerical tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Displays excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Answers incoming calls in a courteous and professional manner – identifies self and company.
- Places calls to referring physicians for patients expressing difficulty with scheduling.
- Maintains self control when dealing with difficult patients and or situations.
- Identifies patients with special needs and shows care and compassion.
- Maintains good rapport with referring physicians, secretaries and clinical site staff.
- Enters accurate information in RIS for appointment scheduling, rescheduling, cancellation and comment entry.
- Updates account information at the point of scheduling.
- Properly schedules all procedures.
- Utilizes RIS filter screens to answer questions associated with insurance, procedures and preps.
- Communicates and interacts with all departments effectively and professionally.
- Meets incoming call volume quota.
- Pre-registers, faxes reports, scans documents, inputs clinical data as needed for appointment and requests films as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to type and file accurately with precise data entry skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical insurance plans.
- Ability to schedule and register patients rapidly and accurately.
- General knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Provide clear written and verbal communication.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and be organized.
Education & Experience Requirements:
The above knowledge, skills and abilities may be demonstrated by a high school diploma or equivalent and experience working in a call center environment.