A position has become available for an experienced Receptionist to join a well-established medical centre that provides primary health care to the local community offering a broad spectrum of medical services. The practice is situated in Albert Park, a suburb of Melbourne.
The role is suitable for an experienced and dynamic individual to join our exceptional team and network. The successful candidate will be assisting with the day to day running of the practice reporting directly to the Practice Manager.
A demonstrated patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in our patients needs will be important to ensuring success in the role for the suitable candidate. Salary level will be based upon level of experience.
Successful candidate will have the following experience;
· Knowledge in working with Best Practice software.
· Professional presentation and communication skills.
· Demonstrate ability to prioritize and organize, with attention to detail.
· Be able to troubleshoot operational issues.
· Have a calm and professional demeanour.
· Be well-presented, friendly, courteous and obliging at all times.
· Effectively communicate with Doctors from various ethnic backgrounds.
· Greet patients and other callers at the practice in a courteous and efficient manner.
· To answer the telephone promptly and courteously.
· To make appointments for patients following set procedures.
· Liaise with doctors, other health professionals and staff.
· Transfer test result calls to nurse or record message accurately.
· Attend to account queries if possible or refer problem to the Practice Manager.
· Liaise with referring doctors, hospital staff, pharmacists in a professional manner
· Readily deal with emergencies when necessary, following set procedures.
· To exercise confidentiality regarding patient care and all aspects of the practice.
· Maintain reception area in a tidy and welcoming manner.
· Type medical reports.
· Scanning and/or filing patient correspondence, results etc.
· Have a vigilant attitude to accuracy, being prepared to double check as necessary.
· Work cooperatively and independently.
· Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
· Experience with Best Practice.
· Completion of an accredited Receptionist course/ knowledge of medical terminology is desirable not essential.
· Minimum of one year’s experience in Receptionist/ Senior Receptionist/secretarial role.
We are always interested to speak with experienced Receptionist/ Senior Receptionists who have a successful history within a general practice environment. If you recognize that you have a valuable skill set to offer which includes experience using Best Practice software, then email across your CV as we are currently accepting expressions of interest for a casual medical reception role. *Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then APPLY NOW. We are looking forward to discussing your career objections in further detail with you.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Application Deadline: 25/02/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.00 – $27.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift