Specialist Ophthalmology practice in Greensborough is seeking an experienced Medical Receptionist with at least 2 years recent employment within a medical environment to join our friendly team 2-3 days per week. Additional hours will be required periodically to cover staff annual and sick leave.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Welcoming patients upon arrival
- Answering incoming calls, booking appointments, handling queries
- Billing and receipting of patient accounts
- Submitting Medicare and DVA claims electronically
- Scanning of reports and referrals incoming and outgoing
- Processing of emails, faxes and correspondence
- Liaising with hospitals and other medical professionals
- Use of Zedmed Medical software
- MS Word/Excel
- Occasional letter typing when required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within in a medical practice
- Competent computer skills – Microsoft Office
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Sound organisation skills and ability to prioritize tasks
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate attention to detail, have proficient computer literacy, accurate data entry skills, have 2 years recent medical reception experience, a caring, positive manner together with the confidence, initiative and ability to comfortably multitask reception skills during a busy clinic.
If you have these attributes and a medical reception/medical admin background with references, we would like to meet you!
2-3 days per week, Tuesday and/or Thursday and/or Friday to meet clinic demands.
Pay rate will be in line with skills and experience.
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $24.00 – $28.00 per hour
- Medical reception: 2 years (Required)
- Medical administration: 2 years (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)
- Greeting visitors
- Running errands
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls