Start your Lifestyle Worker career with Anglicare now!
- Be part of a committed and vibrant team
- Make a difference and support older people in the Nepean Region
- Fulltime position based at our Social Wellness Centre/ Respite Cottage at Winmalee
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au .
Designed to make a genuine difference in the lives of older people, Anglicare At Home aims to support and assist people to live independently in their homes valuing them as important members of our community.
About the role
Anglicare has a number of community centre-based Social Support/Respite groups operating across Sydney, the Blue Mountains and Illawarra. Our centres and social group programs are designed to be fun and enabling environments, we offer interesting recreational activities that are based on what our clients like to do, such as games, dancing, exercise, arts (painting and pottery), crafts, movies, cooking and outings.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will ensure on a day-to-day basis that older people and people living with dementia attending our services receive tailored support in a professional and respectful manner according to their individualised care plans, organisational policies and procedures. Utilising your knowledge and understanding of wellness and reablement you will work with our clients to support them to remain as independent as possible and enjoy the time they spend with us
This is a full-time position working at our Social Wellness Centre in Winmalee. Applicants must be open to working shifts, day and overnight providing respite mid-week and weekends.
Duties will include:
- Planning and facilitating group activities
- Meal preparation and serving
- Personal care such as showering and toileting
- Medication prompting
- Cleaning, keeping the workplace safe
- Transporting people to and from the groups
- Supporting family carers
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
- Anglicare is renowned for its reputable training and development program.
- Anglicare is committed to achieving the highest performance in work health and safety with the aim of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment throughout all parts of the organisation.
- Work regular hours with our lovely clients, each and every client touches your heart. You will feel satisfied that you are really helping to meet the needs of older people.
I want to join. Now what?
If you have a kind heart for serving older people, then we would love to hear from you. We are looking for staff who are committed and passionate about delivering customer service excellence.
Applicants must have:
- Certificate III in Aged Care/Individual Support/Nursing or equivalent. Certificate IV in Leisure & Health is also preferred.
- Experience working with older people and people living with dementia
- A C Class Motor Vehicle License; and
- Access to use registered and insured motor vehicle with minimum third-party property damage insurance.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: 16 Feb 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 16 Mar 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time