Role: Licensing Representative
Duration: Temporary up to 12 months
Closing Date: 1 March 2021 (9:59AM)
An exciting opportunity is available as a Licensing Representative within Building, Business and Workplace Safety (BBWS) Licensing, Licensing and Funds, Better Regulation Division.
This unit is a high-volume assessment environment that provides customer services and makes decisions in accordance with administrative law principles, to a range of stakeholders regarding all matters related to Licensing. In this role, the Licensing Representative is responsible for assessing and determining licence applications, providing quality service, information and assistance to customers and businesses on a wide range of matters, assisting customers in the lodgement of documents, correspondence or complaints and the resolution of issues, including those requiring analysis and specialised knowledge.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate that you can:
- Respond to enquiries from external and internal customers according to service standards
- Facilitate appropriate customer outcomes by applying relevant knowledge, legislation, regulations and procedures
- Provide administrative services, respond to enquiries and complete a range of processing activities with accuracy and efficiency
- Educate customers on legislation, procedures, their rights and responsibilities to raise community awareness
- Develop and maintain specialised knowledge, techniques and skills to deliver a high-quality service
- Ensure all enquiries, complaints and issues are accurately captured and authorised policies and procedures are adopted for triage, resolutions, referral or escalation
Further information about the role and its key responsibilities and challenges can be found in the role description.
For any enquiries about this position, please contact Justine Ivers on 02 9566 8673.
What we need from you:
- Your application should include a covering letter (maximum two pages) indicating the role you are applying for and what you would bring to this role, including demonstrated examples.
- You should also include an up to date resume (of no more than five pages), which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to the role and how you meet the role capabilities.
Salary: Grade 5/6 – Base salary for this role starting at $72,635 plus superannuation.
Closing Date: Monday 1st March 2021
The Department of Customer Service is proud to be an EEO Employer who are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all identities making us different and a true reflection of our NSW customers. As an inclusive workplace, we support various employee resource groups, practice flexible work and workplace adjustment.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.