Legal Counsel – Construction & Procurement
Australian Rail Track Corporation
· Full time position based in our Sydney CBD Carrington St office
· A focus on procurement and front-end construction
· Opportunity to work on iconic nation building infrastructure projects with Major Tier 1 Contractors
Who we are
ARTC plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8,500 kilometers of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia’s largest rail network owners.
ARTC is also responsible for the delivery of a number of iconic major projects of national significance which include:
· Inland Rail (incl. Gowrie to Kagaru PPP)
· Port Botany Rail Line Duplication Project (incl. Cabramatta Loop)
· North East Rail Line Upgrade
· Adelaide to Tarcoola Re-rail Project
· Advanced Train Management System (ATMS)
About the position
The ARTC General Counsel Division is a unique multidisciplinary function sitting within the Office of CEO and is responsible for the delivery of all corporate governance related services.
Within the General Counsel Division sits the 5 pillars of governance: Legal; Company Secretariat; Internal Audit; Insurance & Incidents; and Integrity.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the Legal Counsel – Construction and Procurement will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work including:
· drafting and providing commercial advice on all forms of front-end construction and project documentation, including consultancy services agreements, works agreements, design and construct and procurement documentation;
· providing strategic advice on procurement structures, construction contract administration and claims management;
· drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of contractual instruments;
· managing and advising on contentious construction issues; and
· sound delivery of advice utilising the Plexus Legal Gateway legal automation platform.
· minimum of 2 years’ experience but preferably between 5 to 8 years PQE from a top-tier construction or public sector practice ideally with an exposure to procurement;
· bachelor qualification or higher;
· a proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent customer service and a desire to build internal client relationships;
· excellent analytical, communication and research skills to assist the delivery of timely and commercially astute advice;
· first rate experience in the preparation of advice and drafting construction and procurement documents; and
· a commercial approach and an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively.
About the process
Australian Rail Track Corporation recognises that a talented and diverse workforce is fundamental to building a commercially strong and customer focused organisation so candidates with experience and perspectives that can contribute to our diverse workforce are encouraged to apply.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC’s medical fitness standards relative to the position.
ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button and address your application to Caroline Smith, HR Coordinator,
Application Deadline: 20/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $120,000.00 – $160,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)