smart jobs in New York
Wildlife Conservation Society
Department: Human Resources
Title: Human Resources Assistant (Recruitment and Onboarding)
Employment Type: Part-Time
Reports To: Coordinating Manager or HR Coordinator
Schedule: July through December Monday through Saturday
Hours: 25 hours per week – 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Position Overview: Provide administrative and technical support services in the day to day activities within the areas of the Human Resources Office of Temporary and Part-Time Employment with an emphasis on recruitment and on-boarding.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate all candidate interview events at all sites ensuring relevant EEO/AAP information is collected and recorded.
- Update all applicant and candidate information in Kenexa online applicant tracking system.
- Enter, update and maintain all required data relevant to applicant demographics, including but not limited to number of applicants, interviewees, hires, and reasons for selections and rejections for all temporary/part-time positions.
- Facilitate timely data submissions and follow up on issues that arise during the data acquisition process.
- Work closely with staff to identify, track, investigate, resolve and document data quality issues.
- Assist with orientation and on-boarding preparation including check-in, collection of paperwork and supporting documents, I-9 verification and taking/distributing employee ID’s
- Provide support ensuring all required regulations are met regarding EEO/AAP data and reporting.
- Professionally communicate with internal and external clients and vendors both verbally and in writing within bounds of delegated authority and/or redirect to supervisor as required.
- Provide front desk support as necessary.
- Assist with special projects and administrative duties as required.
[read_more id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Human Resources, or Psychology strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Prior experience working with an applicant tracking system, IBM Kenexa preferred
- Prior office experience and knowledge of HR Information Systems, SAP preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large amounts of data with attention to detail.
- Excellent data analysis skills required and reporting experience preferred.
- Ability to think critically, prioritize tasks and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform routine processes accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work well with limited supervision and demonstrate flexibility in working in a team environment.