About the position: Natureworks garden care specialises in both general garden maintenance and the creation of wildlife-friendly gardens. We have a background in horticulture and wildlife conservation and use this unique combination to provide scientifically-based knowledge on wildlife garden creation. We also provide general maintenance of gardens, including many high-end gardens. We pride ourselves in providing a reliable and very high-quality service and it is therefore essential that the successful candidate has a very high level of attention to detail and has an excellent horticultural knowledge.
We are looking for a reliable and enthusiastic employee with a Certificate II in Horticulture for an immediate start. Hours are flexible, with the possibility of full-time employment. The successful applicant will be paid as a Level 3 employee under the Gardening and Landscaping Services Award 2010. The successful applicant will work closely with the team leader to assist, under supervision, in regular garden maintenance, garden clean-ups and plantings. Although the successful applicant will initially work together with the team leader, they will eventually work on some jobs independently. It is therefore crucial that the successful applicant have a strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently in a horticultural scenario.
Specifically, the successful applicant will display the following qualities:
– A high level of attention to detail and ability to conduct high-quality work
– A minimum of a Certificate II in Horticulture
– Reliable, punctual, energetic and with an excellent work ethic
– Physically fit and able to perform tasks such as digging with hand tools and mowing lawns
– A strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently in a horticultural scenario
– Friendly and outgoing personality, with excellent communication skills
– Very good horticultural knowledge, including correct pruning techniques, plant identification and care
– Experience in working for a garden maintenance business, with excellent skills in general garden maintenance tasks including mowing, edging, pruning, weeding and planting
– Own reliable vehicle and Victorian driver’s licence. Travel between jobs in own vehicle will be compensated.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE CRITERIA
– Good knowledge or interest of native wildlife and indigenous plant species
– Good knowledge or interest in creating gardens for wildlife
– Good knowledge of environmentally-friendly gardening techniques
Please send applications (including a resume) to Wouter at Natureworks Garden Care. If you have any questions, feel free to call on 0478 703 064.
Application Deadline: 01/03/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $27.71 – $30.00 per hour
- Flexible hours
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Overtime pay
- Certificate I – IV (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Preferred)
- Remote interview process