Posting Date Jan 05, 2021
Job Number 21001064
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Melbourne Marriott Hotel Docklands, 3-43 Waterfront Way, Docklands, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for all Front Office including M Club functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include Bell Staff, Concierge, Switchboard Operations, Guest Services/Front Desk and M Club, as applicable. As a department head, directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all Front Office & M Club operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- Valid working rights in Australia
- Local Australian work experience including minimum 2 years as Rooms Division Leader, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- Pre-opening experience preferred
- Strong hands on leadership skills with ability to manage a dynamic team
- Financial acumen, good grasp of reading and managing department P&L’s
The successful candidate will be highly driven, organized and possess exceptional communication skills. Responsible for Championing customer experience journey throughout the hotel. Additionally, a collaborative leader who is strategic, analytical with influencing abilities that span beyond their immediate direct reports.
The Front Office Manager will have a strong focus on service standards across the team providing leadership and support. Working closely with the Director of Rooms, this role will initially be heavily involved in planning and preparing for the pre-opening of the Hotel. During this time, the Front Office Manager will plan and prepare training plans for the operational team, assist with set up of the Front Office and the M Club including process, procedures and LSOP’s and take part in system set up.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Guest Services Team
- Utses and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Ensures recognition of employees is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Keeps Front Office team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Conducts department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the Rooms area and overall property financial goals.
- Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Supervises and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Acts as the “Service Champion” for the Front Office and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures that all Front Office areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall guest experience.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve