- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel (Moderate to Advanced)
- Experience with Data Mining
- 1+ year of relevant experience in data analysis, Investigation deep dives
- Proven ability to make decisions in a timely manner with incomplete or ambiguous information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to operate at both a granular and macro level
- Experience with SQL, Excel
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Fraud Prevention is seeking dedicated, hardworking, analytical candidates with a proven track record of performance and results-oriented thinking to join the team. Candidates will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to the investigation deep dives, analyzing emerging trends and elimination of online e-commerce fraud. Ideal applicants will have experience in the eCommerce space and at least three year of previous fraud investigations experience. All candidates will be analytical and capable of succeeding in a fast-paced team environment with minimal supervision.
The AWS Fraud Prevention Investigations analyst position relies on analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns, analyze diverse data sets and work closely with internal teams and stakeholders to recommend solutions in an ambiguous environment. The position relies on excellent judgement to plan and execute goals and will work under very limited supervision of the Manager.
- Design and influence operational best practices within the Fraud Response team
- Manage daily execution of new/special programs
- Analyze data to identify fraud trends and proactively take action to improve efficiency and reduce time to identify new fraud techniques, tactics and procedures. Leverage diverse data sources.
- Analyze fraud data to determine patterns on sophisticated fraud activity
- Deploy counter measures analyze impact
- Monitoring evolving fraud clusters and propose new rule criteria using SQL
- Analyze rule performance trends
- Report on daily fraud trends and cluster characteristics
- Analyze emerging MOs and communicate trends to larger fraud community. Partner with data scientists and research scientists to build long-term counter protections.
- Ability to perform deep dives and write summaries of complex and sensitive escalations to Legal and Fraud Leadership
- Work with internal teams to come up with action plans to address corrective and preventative measures to mitigate risk.
- Work with stakeholders to drive process improvements that will impact internal and external customers
- Contribute and/or lead special projects which reduce fraud related losses, while maintaining focus on a positive customer experience
- Support Fraud Prevention innovation by participating in internal POCs
- Lead deep dive efforts and prepare executive escalation summaries
- Work with cross-functional teams across Amazon to collaboration on fraud risks and investigations
- Work with team members to articulate and prioritize feature needs for investigative tool sets
- Communicate analytical insights to key fraud stakeholders
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced dynamic environments where decisions are made without compromising on customer experience and financial losses
- Excellent team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in a global team environment
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple teams and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and evaluate/review complex investigation decisions
- Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive, and detail-oriented
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
- Project Management experience
- Experience in eCommerce Fraud Operations
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, discretion, composure, and professional attitude
- Fast learner who seeks out and generously shares best practices