NBC News and MSNBC
The Analyst, FP&A will work closely with the finance teams across MSNBC, NBC News & CNBC and have exposure to all aspects of the business. This position reports to the Director, FP&A for News Group. Primary responsibilities include portfolio financial pacing, management reporting, headcount reporting, and ownership of various SG&A costs.
Division wide financial responsibilities:
- Consolidation and communication of portfolio P&L financials for all major FP&A cycles (Budget, Estimates, LRP, monthly pacing).
- Analyze business line financial submissions to understand variances, track risks & opportunities and summarize performance.
- Prepare presentations for senior NBCU management (LRP, Budget, Estimates, CFO Monthly Reviews).
- Monitor and circulate monthly financial actuals, including executive dashboard and related key metrics.
- Headcount: Manage monthly process and quarterly reporting.
- Assist with ad-hoc analyses and presentations.
- Support various simplification / streamlining efforts.
- Own various SG&A cost budgets, directly supporting operating teams with day to day financial support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance,
Economics or related field.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, particularly in
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to deliver while working under time pressure on
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:).
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
- Ability to adapt and work well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical ability and detail oriented.
- A team player who can also work independently and is a self-starter.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.