smart jobs in New York
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s foremost financial institutions, and offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
Bank of the West, our retail banking and services affiliate, serves more than 2 million individuals and small- and medium-sized businesses through a network of around 500 branches and business centers across the U.S.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas The Bank for a Changing World.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
Results and Impact
Leadership and Collaboration
Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
Compliance Culture and Conduct
FIC has the Group-wide mandate to generate sustainable revenue growth by driving the global client strategy and senior relationship management for a select group of strategic Financial Institutional clients. FIC Americas is a 51-member team covering clients from Chile to Canada and across 5 specific industry verticals.
The Americas Coverage team also coordinates closely with their global peer teams in London and Asia as well as key stakeholders across the entire CIB platform.
- Provide complete administrative support for at least 2 of FIC Americas’ Sector Heads and members of the FIC Americas Management Committee, 2 Managing Directors, 3 Directors and 4 Vice Presidents.
- Manage Senior-level banker’s emails, with extensive follow-up as needed, flagging tasks which require immediate attention.
- Prepare a weekly report for senior management (highlights macro environment and Sector achievements)
- Compile news runs in advance of banker meetings, coordinate printing of presentations
- Lead coordination of Senior Management visits to NY, organize all group events (assist with scheduling/managing agenda, catering, material coordination, correspondence with guests from start to finish)
- Log upcoming meetings and document meeting notes/follow-up items into client management system
- Flawlessly handle executives’ large volume of travel planning (visa, flights accommodations, etc.)
- Lead coordination of client visits, assist with organizing all group events (catering, material coordination, correspondence with guests from start to finish)
- Process and track expense reports
- Team schedule management
- Internal Meeting Setup (liaise with Senior Executive Assistants at the firm to schedule internal meetings and to obtain availability for external meetings)
- System Access Sailpoint requests, IT Tickets, Coupa Office supply restock
- Assist Relationship Managers with client events (MSG, US Open, BNP Indian Wells event, etc.)
- Arrange and animate client conference/video calls and marketing events
- Manage Time off System (TOMnet)
- Adhoc projects as needed
- Executive Roadshow Scheduling; Liaison with BNP C-Suite Executive Assistants for scheduling. (Executives come from London/Paris/Asia 3x a quarter & need to manage their entire itinerary including scheduling internal/external meetings, logistics, etc.)
- Interaction with Client C-Suite Executive Assistants. Maintain positive and trustworthy relationships with Clients and their EAs to ensure meetings with C-Suite Executives are scheduled in a timely manner and executed seamlessly.
- Assist Relationship Managers with multiple philanthropic/charity requests yearlong and ensure philanthropic events are logged and approved in My CIB.
- Work with COO on projects and workstreams with critical administrative components (onboarding staff, IT, Space; compliance training).
- 5 – 7 years of relevant Executive Assistant experience supporting department heads or C-level executives, preferably within a financial institution.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Effective communication both verbally and non-verbally, with co-workers and all levels of management, utilizing tact and confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a high energy, high pressure environment.
- Ability to cooperate and coordinate with other FIC Americas’ EAs – assist and provide coverage, when necessary including PTOs.
- Strong organizational skills
- Exhibit initiative, flexibility, resourcefulness and efficiency, with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Fully conversant in VC Platforms and technology (Webex, MS Teams, Skype, Zoom,…)
- Process and follow up on Virtual Client Meetings
- Experience handling confidential materials at all levels.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, such as MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience in coordinating travel (both Domestic & International) & extensive experience in expense reporting.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.