Opportunity to save lives
Permanent part time position – 60 hours per fortnight
Melbourne CBD location
At Lifeblood, we’re here for all Australians. And although our life-giving role started over 90 years ago with blood, today we support more people in more ways than ever before.
We also help to facilitate the donation of tissue, organs, breast milk, and other life-giving biological products. Plus, we deliver world-class research and provide expertise in diagnostic, transplantation and other clinical services. Everyone at Lifeblood is united through the power of humanity to build a healthier nation.
About the role:
We’re seeking a Donor Services Nursing Assistant to provide all of our wonderful donors with a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience when they visit the Melbourne CBD Donor Centre to generously donate.
Whilst it’s great to have, previous experience in the health industry isn’t a requirement for the role. We provide training on how to insert and remove needles to collect blood and blood products, so all you’ll need to bring is your vibrant personality and passion for delivering an amazing customer experience!
This is a permanent part time opportunity, 60 hours per fortnight with a roster that changes each week. You may be required to work 5 x 6 hour shifts per week across a 7 day roster. Click here to view operational hours.
- Physically insert and remove needles to collect blood donations
- Provide an exceptional service to our donors
- Conduct assessments to ensure donors are eligible to donate
- Monitor donors and provide care during their time at the centre
- Rebooking donors for their next visit
- Upholding safety and quality standards
Skills & capabilities:
- Ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Passionate about delivering great customer service
- Able to work under pressure with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to achieve results, even under tough circumstances
- Adaptability to match a shift in priorities
- Diverse experience in a customer focused environment
- Salary packaging programs which allow you to make the most of your salary
- Rewards program offering discounts on movies, groceries, food & beverage, department stores and travel & leisure
- Discounted health insurance, veterinary care and car hire
- Internal programs focused on your wellbeing and safety
We’re a fast-paced business, so we aim to progress suitable candidates through the hiring process as soon as we receive applications. This may mean the role is filled prior to the advertising close date.
We strive for an inclusive environment where people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected, connected, and able to contribute to the best of their ability, with equal access to opportunities and resources.
As part of our recruitment process, you’ll be required to complete and clear a national criminal history check, medical assessment, employment history check, and a validation of Australian working rights.
For further details on this position please contact Jennika Noble via firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary is determined using the Lifeblood specific Nursing Enterprise Agreement.
While we appreciate all interest in our business, we won’t engage with or accept candidates from agencies or consulting firms on this occasion.
Lifeblood’s top priority is the safety of our donors, staff, volunteers and, of course, blood recipients. Blood and plasma donation remains absolutely vital, and as healthcare settings, our blood donor centres remain open and our teams are ready to welcome donors who are healthy and well.
Our donor centres are safe places and we’ve always adhered to strict sanitation protocols. In light of the current coronavirus pandemic, we’ve implemented further measures to help protect our donors and our teams too. For further information on this, please visit our website for updates.