CareSavvy provides in-home care to people with disabilities (physical & intellectual) and anyone who needs a hand. We support our clients with household tasks, personal care, in-home care, transport, overnight support, and respite care.
We are seeking qualified disability support workers in Bayside, Kingstone, Monash and surrounding areas, who share our core values and be respectful, reliable, innovative, accountable, transparent & compassionate. We are a supportive and close-knit team with a shared goal of providing the best in-home support services for our clients. We offer a job with flexibility and support you to make a positive impact on the lives of our clients.
Staff referral program: Refer someone you know and get paid $100 bonus if they complete 200 hours of work in six months with us.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will be required to assist people with:
· Household tasks – household cleaning, dishwashing, making a bed, laundry and light gardening
· Personal care assistance: Showering/grooming, assisting with dressing and aiding with transfers/hoists
· In-home Care: Assistance with morning and evening routines, medical prompts, assistance with food preparation & help around the house
· Social & Community participation: engage in the community
· Transport Assistance: Assistance with transport to/from Doctor’s Appointment, Physio / Therapy Session, School, Gym, sports, visit family or friends as well as escorted / unescorted shopping.
· Overnight Support: Active overnight support involves continuous support throughout the night with turning in bed and lifting, personal care, prompting with medication, emergency contact, helping with hydration and Inactive overnight involves bedtime and morning support.
· Respite Care: Give regular carers a break from their caring role.
Suitable applicant MUST have:
· Minimum of six months experience working as a disability support worker or similar position
· Certificate III in Individual Support/Cert IV in Disability or equivalent. (Nursing students are eligible to apply)
· National Police Check
· WWCC – Working with children check
· Valid Victorian Driver’s licence
· Fully insured vehicle
· Working rights in Australia
· Valid First Aid and CPR certificate or willingness to obtain one
· Manual handling certificate or willingness to obtain one
· Maintain smart Phone & email ID
Essential skills & Experiences:
· Ability to work independently and make a decision within the scope of the role
· Be reliable and punctual
· Communicate effectively and compassionately
Hourly Rate: $28.29 per hour + Super (Weekdays)
If this sounds like the right job for you – please sign up at https://www.caresavvy.com.au/become-a-support-worker
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $28.29 per hour
- Flexible hours
- Shift work
- Certificate I – IV (Preferred)
- City of Bayside VIC (Preferred)
- Australian National Police Check (Required)
- First Aid (Preferred)
- Australian driver’s licence (Preferred)
- Working With Children (WWC) Check (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Preferred)