Customer Service Representative – 00002659
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Our commitment to People, Quality and Innovation means we deliver career opportunities that few others can match. From our beginnings 50 years ago couriering time sensitive high importance documents to today’s cutting edge logistics solutions for Cell & Gene Therapies that save lives, we now have over 3,000 employees at 140 offices in more than 50 countries worldwide and are part of Fortune 10 corporation AmerisourceBergen.
What you will be doing
This role is responsible for providing superior client experiences and solutions to all World Courier customers to ensure their needs and expectations are met and exceeded, and that the reputation of the Company is enhanced during each engagement. Key accountabilities include to;
I. Process client bookings over the phone, ensuring all relevant information is collected and entered into World/Bio Star in a timely and accurate manner.
II. Manage and resolve routine client issues and complaints in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring clients are satisfied with resolutions provided.
III. Update and maintain the World Courier Australia pricing database in line with information provided from the National Finance Manager.
IV. Manage and maintain the company’s clinical trial database by setting up sites with shipping documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer all incoming telephone calls with the standard World Courier greeting and transfer internal calls to the relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Process client bookings over the phone, ensuring all relevant information is collected and entered into company’s shipment processing system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage and resolve routine client issues and complaints in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring clients are satisfied with resolutions provided.
- Regularly provide clients with details about the progress of their shipment/s and any deviations to the original delivery plan to ensure the smooth transfer of information.
- Record all actions and client communications in the company’s shipment processing system to ensure all World Courier teams have access to this information to guide their interactions with customers.
- Liaise with clients to provide “Same Day” and “International PODs” information when received in the system.
- Proactively identify potential problems with shipments and services and seek tailored solutions to address any issues.
- Liaise with the Operations team to source the best (fastest and most cost-effective) routing for client shipments.
- Research new routes and keep up-to-date with airline requirements and timetables to ensure the best options are sourced and recommended to World Courier clients.
- Update and maintain the World Courier Australia pricing database inline with information provided from the Finance & Administration Manager.
- Enter supplier and clients into the pricing system ensuring all information entered is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure applicable extra charges are added onto client orders and are recorded in the pricing database.
- Develop bills to invoice clients, ensuring GST and relevant other charges and taxation rates have been applied.
Clinical Trial maintenance (Bio Star)
- Maintain the company’s clinical trial database by ensuring all sites are supplied with shipping documentation and instructions to send their shipments.
- Contact clinical trial pick up sites and obtain details to update the database as required.
- Provide advice and specialist services to clinical trial pick up sites to guide their shipment requirements.
Internal Communication and Information Sharing
- In consultation with the operations team, keep clients informed as to the progress of their shipment.
- Collaborate with the operations team to find appropriate resolutions to operations matters so as to ensure ongoing client satisfaction
- Liaise with the Business Development team to keep them informed about client developments of interest.
- Provide information to all WCA business units to ensure work output is coordinated in an effective manner.
- Contribute to team and organisational wide discussions by sharing ideas, experiences and recommendations around improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the business.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Effectively collaborate with team members to ensure that the function is operating effectively and efficiently, while maintaining a harmonious team environment.
- Ensure compliance with relevant OH&S legislation and that any issues are identified and actioned in line WCA policy.
Policy and procedure
- Comply with Customer Service standard operating procedures and policies to ensure that the function is demonstrating consistent practices nationally and is in line with strategic objectives.
- Ensure WCA compliance with all government legislative and other requirements such as ACS, CASA, AQIS, IATA, ISO
- Ensure full compliance with international local regulations such as WCA RACA SP (Registered Air Cargo Security Programme) Australian Customs IATA regulations
- Ensure full compliance with WCA quality management systems (GxP)
Workplace Health and Safety
- Actively promote a culture that values a safe and healthy workplace
- Take reasonable care of, and cooperate with actions taken to protect;
a) the health and safety of both themselves and others.
b) report all accidents, incidents and hazards to their supervisor as soon as is practicable.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Significant customer service experience.
2. Strong international & domestic geographic knowledge.
3. An understanding of Imports and Exports processes and statutory requirements.
4. Sound experience using the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
5. Experience negotiating timelines and pricing with a range of stakeholders
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Sound level of numeracy and demonstrated attention to detail
3. Strong time management and organisational skills.
4. Sound written and verbal communication skills.
5. Problems solving skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work flexibly within tight time schedules and in accordance with variable workload demands.
7. A calm and customer focussed approach.
8. Ability to use initiative.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Reid – MEL
18 Reid Way Melbourne Airport
World Courier Inc
Customer Service Jobs