Full Job Description
Provides “World Class” Member Service by surprising and delighting our members every day. Creates feature displays that maximize gross margin dollars. Uses visual merchandising presentation to drive sales. Maintains unit integrity and pricing accuracy to prevent waste. Maintains ordering for maximum sales potential. Trains and coaches direct reports.
- Ensures customer care and selling are #1 priority.
- Ensures that promotional programs and ads are maintained, signed and replenished for the entire event or ad.
- Assists the Reset team associates in completing major department resets.
- Knowledgeable on display and sign standards for end caps and drive aisle displays.
- Assists and supports all pricing, signing and display guidelines set by the pricing team.
- Executes department maintenance as directed in the Counter Detail schedule by ensuring all displays are well clean, maintenanced, planogram integrity is maintained and close dated / outdated product is handled according to procedures.
- Is proficient in the use of RES and all Hardlines Signing Standards.
- Reviews discontinued / clearance merchandise weekly and ensure that items are properly displayed and ticketed.
- Processes inbound freight, excess merchandise and displays per instructions provided.
- Knowledgeable on product assortment, marketing events and promotions.
- Knows the store, services and location of merchandise. Tours area of responsibility daily and maintains visual appearance of department.
- Demonstrates strong skill set in suggestive selling techniques. Uses the P.A. system effectively to promote advertised goods.
- Actively engages customers using the Welcome, Assist and Thank approach to servicing customers. Demonstrates take the customer to the merchandise policy. Assists in handling and solving customer needs and escalates issues and complaints to a member of management.
- Promotes the use of SYWR, credit card, Smart Plans, Replacement Plans and add-on sales.
- Operates equipment safely and follows company safety programs.
- Strong reading, writing, verbal, and arithmetic skills.
- Ability to lift and move merchandise, typically a minimum of 20lbs., but could be as much as 100lbs.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Repetitive bending, lifting, stretching and reaching.
- Positive and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to be cross trained.
- 16 years of age or older