Neuroblastoma Australia is a charity in Sydney focused on raising funds and awareness of the devastating childhood cancer, neuroblastoma. Neuroblastoma is a rare disease with low survival rates, affecting young children. There is a huge opportunity to improve treatments through research so more children can survive this disease.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and versatile Communication and Marketing Manager to join our team on a part term basis (12 to 18 hours per week with one or two days in our office in Crows Nest). This position will focus on creating compelling and engaging content for multiple digital and offline channels to promote awareness of the brand and increase engagement. You will produce marketing and sales collateral in line with the charity’s objectives, and create social media posts including facebook ads, media releases and write newsletters and features for websites. The role will report into the CEO
Key responsibilities include:
- Content creation for various digital and offline comms and marketing channels
- Source and create copy and images, photo and video content for social media and websites
- Work with small team to develop supporting social media content to increase the reach and engagement of Neuroblastoma Australia
- Write features, newsletters, media releases and fundraising appeals and content for events, and the annual report
- Develop social media strategy and develop ads on facebook, linked in and insta to promote the charity and drive sales and engagement
- Develop emails and email journeys for fundraisers using Campaign Monitor
- Maintain and update websites, review navigation and content regularly in line with SEO and strategy
- Assess the efficacy of social media ads, edms and website using analytical tools and reporting to check on ROI of advertising
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications or social media
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a communications or marketing team creating content for multiple channels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write clear communications and marketing materials, newsletters and media releases, and act as media spokesperson for Neuroblastoma Australia as required
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills with the ability to juggle multiple demands, flexibility with working hours and availability for on-call after hours and weekends
- Experience with facebook – able to create facebook ads and understand how to set up using pixels and to track and assess
- Experience using google analytics to understand website and facebook use
- Experience managing websites and adding content and images to clearly illustrate the charity’s mission, to provide up to date information about the charity’s activities and events and to feature family’s stories and promote services available to families
The following will be highly regarded:
- Prior management experience working within a communications and marketing team, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience of Campaign Monitor, Salesforce and multiple websites
- Experience of working on events and recruiting new audiences
- Experience in managing workload autonomously and being part of a high performing team
- High energy, motivated, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- High-level communication skills, excellent attention to detail, organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills with ability to manage sensitive issues
- Good initiative, commitment and interest in the cause
- Dependable and flexible
Be part of a small but ambitious charity that works on funding world class research to develop more effective, safer treatments for the young children diagnosed with neuroblastoma cancer. Help drive fundraising through increasing the audience of the charity’s initiatives and engagement with existing supporters.
Neuroblastoma Australia offers flexible hours. Hourly salary offered plus super and salary packaging. Initially nine month contract offered.
Please contact Lucy Jones for further information about this role : Lucy.Jones@nb.org.au using the subject line: Communications and Marketing Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.