Harlem Hospital Center has been a bedrock of the Harlem community since 1887. The hospital provides a wide range of medical, surgical, diagnostic, therapeutic and family support services to the residents of Central Harlem, West Harlem, Washington Heights and Inwood. Harlem is the largest hospital in the area, capable of treating the most seriously ill. Harlem provides over 90 specialized ambulatory care services, dentistry and oral surgery, behavioral health services, and community substance abuse treatment.
Under the direction of his/her immediate supervisor, with latitude for independent or un-reviewed action or decision, performs office/secretarial work of limited difficulty and responsibility. Possesses skills and competence in logistics related work and works within the scope of regulatory agency standards, policies, and procedures as set forward by HHC and Harlem Hospital.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes a positive and pleasant attitude conducive to the workplace, which enhances the Mission, Vision and Value Statement of the organization.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Meets all compliance standards/requirements such as Annual Health Assessment and Annual Health Training.
- Enhances personal and clinical development through the attendance of internal in-service training, as well as external educational offerings.
- Communicates handoff to incoming staff as well as receiving from outgoing staff
- Reviews and records all unexpected absence calls manually and update the automated scheduling system periodically.
- Reviews and updates staffing sheets as necessary based on reported changes and absence. Assures accuracy at all times.
- Communicates all changes to the ADD/DON on duty.
- Completes and updates the observation report utilizing the electronic Health record and distributes accordingly.
1. A four-year High School Diploma or its educational equivalent and one year of
satisfactory clerical experience.
Keyboard familiarity with the ability to type at a minimum of 100 key strokes (20 words) per
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button’