Fig Food Co. is a wholesaler of freshly made food to cafes, caterers and food businesses, we also cater to the everyday household, providing families across Melbourne with the freshest meals and pantry items. Fig follows food trends and devise recipes that are nutritious and tasty, which are then made fresh daily by our experienced kitchen team.
About the Role:
Fig Food Co. are currently seeking experienced and passionate sandwich hands / catering assistants / food packers / warehouse assistants.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Production of sandwich/wraps/roll/salad portioning
- Packing products, labelling & sorting products
- General kitchen duties
- General cleaning
- Minimum 12-months experience as a sandwich chef/catering assistant in high volume production
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Be available for a rotating roster of Sunday – Friday approx 30-38 hours per week
- Work well as part of a team, have initiative and accurately follow instructions
- You will have the right attitude an enthusiasm to learn
- Experience with HACCP compliance will be looked upon favourably
- Experienced and Professional management and operational support
- Great Team Environment
- Great location, no travelling into the city.
- No Early Starts! afternoon shifts, with 9:30 pm approx finish time. Sunday work is required on a rotating roster with Saturdays off!
- Sunday to Friday operation.
- Free on-street parking
This part-time position is working in a busy and high-pressured environment. There are opportunities to move into full time for the right candidate.
No Recruitment or Employment Agencies Please!
Candidates must have full working rights to be considered.
*Due to the high volume of interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 32 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Evening shift
- Public holidays
- Rotating roster
- Penalty rates
- Food Manufacturing : 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handlers: 1 year (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)