Division: Transport & Assets
Business Unit: Recreation Business
Title: Cashier / Customer Service Assistant – Warringah Aquatic Centre, Permanent – Part-time Role, 58.16 hours per fortnight
Salary Range: $56,224.99 to $65,342.84 per annum on pro rata basis + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
Under the direction of the WAC Operations Manager/ Administration Coordinator, the Receptionist/Customer Service Assistant is required to efficiently and effectively carry out all reception responsibilities at the Centre, and to supervise and/or carry out the general administration duties pertaining to the reception area.
- Provide consistently superior customer service to both external and internal stakeholders, both in person and over the phone
- As the first point of contact for the WAC, actively promote the WAC in a positive way to enhance the image of the organisation
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of WAC Services, products and activities by liaising and working together with other WAC staff, so as to provide efficient and effective customer service
- Effectively handle all enquiries and complaints and manage any conflict in a professional manner and, where possible, resolve issues at first point of contact
- Maintain consistent and minimum standards in the delivery of service
- Provide an effective link between customers and WAC services
- Responsible for the accuracy and balancing of personal shift takings and statistical reports.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of the administrative systems within the reception area, while ensuring superior customer service is the first priority
- Restock swim shop, information brochures and stationary, while ensuring superior customer service is the first priority
- Participating in the development of customer service policies and procedures.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
a culture of supporting continuous professional development
high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
Click on the ‘Apply’ button to complete your online application.
You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
For further information, please contact Julie Langdon on 84955001 during business hours.
Applications close on 08/03/2021