Old Man Drew
We are seeking an experienced, capable and confident head barista to lead our coffee section.
Full time hours
Award rates and above
Quality coffee (Five Senses) and machinery
Old Man Drew is a busy cafe in Ascot Vale, seating over 200 customers downstairs and with a high tea room and function space upstairs. We are searching for a very capable and experienced head barista to lead our coffee section. The role includes making coffee hands on, leading the team, ordering and managing the section. This is a full time position for a hospitality professional looking for stable, guaranteed hours in a well establish environment and as part of an already strong team.
Our ideal head barista would possess the following qualities:
- The ability to work confidently in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Extensive previous experience working in the industry and proven ability.
- The ability to produce consistent, contrasting and symmetrical latte art.
- The ability to brew quality tea (by Calmer Sutra) and hot chocolate (by Mork)
- A positive attitude and a friendly manner, with a willingness to engage with customers.
- An interest in helping us create a special destination and genuinely caring abou the business.
- Great work ethic, with willingness to help out in other ways during quieter periods.
- Show initiative and take control when needed.
Renumeration is negotiable and commensurate with experience and individual characteristics. This is a full time position, day time work only, including weekends.