smart jobs in sydney
- The Better Regulation Division (BRD), part of the Department of Customer Service, incorporates several major regulatory organisations including NSW Fair Trading, SafeWork and Liquor, Gaming & Racing as well as a number of other agencies.
- There is an exciting ongoing opportunity for an Assistant Project Officer, Clerk Grade 5/6 to join BRD’s Business Operations, Performance and Assurance (BOPA) team as part of the Business Risk team.
- Salary range $85,744 to $94,610.
- Appointment and ongoing assignment may be subject to restrictions and the satisfactory participation in mandatory pre-employment and ongoing probity screening, in accordance with relevant legislation and/or related policies.
The Business Risk team are seeking an Assistant Project Officer to provide a range of support working under Liquor and Gaming as well as other legislation. An outline of the team’s key functions includes:
- Providing advice, guidance and reporting in relation to Risk, Internal Compliance, Integrity programs, Internal Audit and Business Continuity Management (BCM) across Better Regulation Division
- Undertaking both operational and strategic actions in relation BCM across BRD
- Coordinate the BRD Liquor & Gaming Integrity Program
- Coordinating risk management and internal compliance projects to ensure business operations meet organisational and legislative requirements
The ideal candidate for this role will be a highly organised, flexible, proactive team player with experience in internal investigations or undertaking probity inquiries and is a strong communicator able to respond with initiative to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Coordinate the processes and conduct probity inquiries for BRD staff
- Manage the dissemination and receipt of internal and external communications
- Monitor key integrity risks and records including key officials and probity registers; conflict of interests, inspector identification, etc
- Be able to give accurate and objective advice in relation to matters relating to integrity and probity
- Make decisions on how to apply a wide range of criteria to establish staff are of the highest integrity
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise outcomes and respond flexibly to changing circumstances
- Ability to respond to and resolve enquiries both from internal and external customers, providing information and resources and committing to providing quality outcomes
- Highly developed organisational and communication skills with the ability to liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solution focused, consultative and collaborative approach.
For further information or to discuss your suitability for the role, please contact Jeffrey Fox, Senior Operations Officer Business Risk team on 0417 675 802.
Closing date: 4th May 2021 (9:59am)
What we need from you: Your application should include a one page covering letter and an up-to-date resume plus the details of 2 referees.
The Department of Customer Service is proud to be an EEO Employer who are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all identities making us different and a true reflection of our NSW customers. As an inclusive workplace, we support various employee resource groups, practice flexible work and workplace adjustment.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.