- Available to work overtime during Amazon’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance.
- You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates that have the appropriate rights to work permanently in Australia.
Here at Amazon we are currently seeking expressions of interest for experienced Area Managers to join the business and play a critical role in leading our team of associates in Inbound or Outbound operations within our new robotics Fulfillment Center (FC) in Kemps Creek, Sydney.
The Area Manager will support an Operations Manager in Kemps Creek by performing a variety of duties. In this fast-paced and continuously growing environment, you will be working in a warehouse environment fulfilling the customer promise whilst demonstrating the Amazon Leadership Principles.
A candidate with prior floor operations experience is an ideal fit, as this role will require you to lean into your experiences on how to effectively manage and lead where and when required.
You and your team of associates are responsible for getting Amazon customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change, innovation has made us the global company that we are today. We strive for scalable solutions to improve our overall business.
Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting all safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
- Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
- Partnering with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
- Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Area Managers to balance labor
- Leading and developing a team of Amazon associates
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
- Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
- You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.